Gordon P. Hemsley @ Queens College
LCD 391.3 – Spring 2010
Acoustic Analysis of New York City English Vowels
- Data Sheet
- One can use this data sheet to keep track of vowel data in a tangible way.
- New Praat Script (Version 1.0; Released 2010-03-05)
- Updated Bill Labov's very simple script (included with some versions of Plotnik) to include support for NORM.
- New Praat Script 2 (Version 1.1; Released 2010-03-06)
- Added check to ensure that the Plotnik output file is valid.
- Praat Script with Glides (Version 2.0; Released 2010-03-07)
- Major overhaul to include the ability to automatically measure glides in a selection (for NORM), using a very simple algorithm (take the mean of only the last quarter of the selection).
- Improved Plotnik comments.
- Made code a little more pleasant to read.
- Praat Script for NORM (Version 3.0; Released 2010-03-14)
- Removed support for Plotnik.
- Replaced automatic measurement of glides with manual measurement.
- Praat Script for NORM, with Instructions (Version 3.1; Released 2010-03-18)
- Added detailed instructions on how to use the script.
- Moved the copyright message up and made the formatting of the file nicer.
- Praat Script for NORM, with Instructions and Windows Bugfix (Version 3.2; Released 2010-03-19)
- Worked around bug in Praat for Windows where a trailing slash is not supplied in the temporaryDirectory$ variable.
- Made some minor changes to the documentation.
- Praat Script for NORM, with Better UX (Version 3.3; Released 2010-04-22)
- Allow multiple words in "Word" field. (Previously, text entered in the "Word" field would be truncated after the first space.)
- Moved buttons on the diphthong dialog box around so that everything is more consistent.
- Praat Script for NORM, with Timestamps (Version 3.4; Released 2010-05-25)
- Added timestamp to Word field to indicate the time (in seconds) of the single or steady-state measurement. (The time of the glide is not recorded.)